Moisture Measurement Benefits
Why do we want to measure moisture in materials? A large percentage of industrial processes are very similar in the respect that they blend and mix a variety of raw materials together to produce an end product. The raw materials will contain a variable amount of moisture and during the process water may be added or removed by means of a drying process to produce a product with specified final moisture content.
Installing Hydronix digital microwave sensors into a new or existing system is simple and for minimal cost the benefits are extensive, often providing payback on the capital outlay in a few months. The benefits of maintaining optimum control of moisture may be briefly summarised as follows:
- Reduce costs by reducing the amount of spoiled material.
- Save energy costs by only heating driers / burners to temperature required.
- Save energy costs by reducing the amount of mixing time required.
- Reduce additive costs by knowing the moisture levels of your raw materials.
Increase Production Levels
- Automation usually increases production rates.
- Reduce the amount of time needed to rework.
- Improve quality – all batches / outputs are consistent.
- Easy adjustment to changes in moisture in materials to ensure consistency of final product.